Wednesday 16 May 2012

My Professional Development Plan


            Everyone has his or her own goal and I have any differ from them. I also have my own goal especially for someone like me who is becoming a teacher in 2 or 3 years ago. Therefore in coming year, as a professional science educator, I plan to be an effective science teacher. Effective that I meant is how I am trying to use many kind of ways and techniques to make my students deeply understand what I am going to deliver to them. All the contents under the scope of my topic that I teach them should be accepted by my students easily. Surely my technique that I used comfort them to study and would not stress in my class. Moreover I want to become a very alert teacher in my class, alert does not mean I just care about their study but also about their passion, comfort, health and student’s background. And I think this way can make student to be more friendly to me and they will not shy and even brave to ask me any question that related to my topic. Not only that I also want to become a confident teacher. So that my students trust me for all the information that I gave them.
                  Now I had become a science teacher in one of school in Peninsular Malaysia. Surely there are many experiences that I had grabbed while playing my role as a science teacher. One of the challenges that I have faced is while I have to teach science subject to student of the last two class. This was challenged my patience to get the student accept what I had delivered to them in the class. As half of them cannot read, just like the students in standard one. So I faced some difficulties to teach them and it is does not matter for me if they show their efforts to learn. But the thing that make me more stress is I have to face with students who reluctance to pay any attention in the class. The worst thing is the did not want to follow my instruction as a teacher in that class and did not want to do any exercise. Honestly, it almost make me dissapointed, but it does not meant that I have to surrender. So I take a time to collect all of my strength in other to become a determined teacher. So the way I used is learned from the experiences of senior teacher and professional teacher. Asking them a lot of question regarding to this. Moreover, I have read a lot of references from the library to find the motivation books that show me the way to become a great teacher.
              From all my reseach on this, so now I can know the best way to teach the problem students. Therefore, Now I got my own goals  as I am a teacher now. Firstly, I will improve my skills in facilitating an efficient classroom environment by researching and implementing strategies in the areas of classroom management and organization, student behavior management and time management so that my students can achieve to their highest level of performance.
                  As a teacher, I will recognize the impact of classroom environment on student learning. Moreover, I will research and implement building learning community strategies that are designed to increase cooperation and collaboration among students in order to accomplish a given task/assignment and provide students with a safe and friendly learning environment, where students are able to express their opinions in an open manner and with self confidence, while feeling valued and respected.  By researching and implementing various learning community strategies I will improve my knowledge on ways to motivate students, group students and provide inclusion for all students, especially those with exceptionalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment